I have been using Pinterest to track things I’d like to accomplish, since the months seem to flash by before I can get anything on my “non-urgent” list done. I recently came across the challenge: 101 Things in 1001 Days…and yes, I immediately started a list.
Below are the 101 things I’d like to accomplish in the next 1001 days. I think 2.75 years is a decent amount of time to focus on bigger dreams and accomplish longer term goals. I hope that sharing this helps me stay on track, and encourages you to track your goals as well. If you are inspired to write your own list, tweet me at @sisoosarah and I’ll link your list here.
Start Date: January 1st, 2015
End Date: September 27th, 2017
1) Visit Finland.
2) Take a cooking class at ICU.
3) Get up everyday at 5am for 2 weeks straight.
4) Go to bed every day at 10pm for 2 weeks straight.
5) Take a flower arrangement class.
6) Take the blog to 100,000 pageviews/month.
7) Go to Central Park during a blizzard. (2/5/15. So beautiful. Click here to see pictures!)
8) Watch all seasons of Game of Thrones.
9) Visit a city in the US that I’ve never been to before. Visited Phoenix, AZ February 2017. Cactus heaven! 10) Visit a state in the US that I’ve never been to before. See #9!
11) Learn how to sail.
12) Take my mom to England and/or Italy with my sisters.
13) Learn video editing.
14) Go salsa dancing.
15) Publish a book or e-book. EatSleepPlan.com launched November 2016. Printed and bound daily planners, and more arriving each month!
16) Go camping for the first time, for at least 3 days.
17) Visit the Statue of Liberty.
18) Find out my blood type by donating blood.
19) Throw a photography/art exhibit.
20) Help a stranger in need.
21) Help an animal in need.
22) Create a photography organization system and stick to it.
23) Drive cross country.
24) Visit India.
25) Swim with dolphins.
26) Meditate for 20 minutes, once a day for 2 weeks.
27) Run another half marathon.
28) Make macarons.
29) Don’t hit snooze for 2 weeks straight.
30) Learn to drive manual.
31) Don’t get take out for 1 entire month!
32) Go to a driving range.
33) Visit the Grand Canyon.
34) Pay off all debt!
35) Install a chandelier above the bathtub.
36) Collaborate with at least 5 brands or bloggers.
37) Create a Sisoo collection of minimalistic gold and silver styles.
38) Create a Sisoo collection of elaborate statement necklaces.
39) Get a national television feature for Sisoo.
40) Go back to Costa Rica with Linzita!
41) Start a video series.
42) Design new business cards that are little pieces of art.
43) Help my mother sell/get out of Syracuse house.
44) Make my office feel like a reflection of me and my work.
45) Get a beautiful exotic goldfish and subsequently keep him alive! (Purchased Francois aka Frank the French Fish on 2/1/15. Read details here.)
46) Spend one weekend completely unplugged from all technology (independent of #16’s camping adventure).
47) Spend a week in LA at my sister’s. See pics from my adventure here!
48) Master the handstand.
50) Go to a lavender farm.
51) Put on a jewelry workshop.
52) Read at least 12 new books. (in process #1 Daring Greatly by Brené Brown)
53) Unsubscribe from all unwanted email lists. OMG that feels nice. January 2015.
54) Maintain an inbox of zero for one week. (Empty by end of each day.)
55) Shoot a Sisoo look book. (View it here!)
56) Visit 5 art galleries. 3/5 complete: Peter Lik, Jamali, Danziger
57) Double alumni donations to Harvard.
58) Create a painting on the largest canvas I can find.
59) Learn how to knit.
60) Learn how to play chess.
61) Host a summer boozy brunch for friends.
62) Document my quick/healthy/tasty recipes.
63) Take a surfing lesson.
64) Find and fall in love with a new genre of music. I am officially into DEEP HOUSE. I “found” it one day while at PT. Maybe I was just ready to finally hear it that day. I was jamming out while doing my knee exercises and realized I had found a new love. Picture me all, “I MUST KNOW WHAT CHANNEL THIS IS?” I’ve been listening to it non-stop since the beginning of 2016. 65) Once it’s open, visit the top of the Freedom Tower. Long lines X long lines…by the time we got to the top it was dark out. Slightly underwhelmed. 66) Get a drink at the Met rooftop. Check it out here. Cheers!
67) Plan a surprise for someone I love.
68) Go on a wild horse photo safari.
69) Get the furbaby a furbaby.
70) Go deep sea fishing.
71) Send out Christmas cards.
72) Take a break from television/Netflix for one month.
73) Get an ice cream maker. (See my first batch of ice cream here.) 74) Throw a ice cream tasting party. See #73! (See details and recipes here!)
75) Scan all family photo albums.
76) Learn how to make pierogies!
77) Give Vegas another try. (First trip=awful)
78) Make Thank You notes with my photographs.
79) Drink some bubbly in a hot tub, preferably under the stars.
80) Learn about succulent types/names.
81) “Call in sick” and take a personal day to do whatever I want.
82) Renew my passport.
83) Start a “build the dream house” fund.
Buy a fire extinguisher. Safety first. January 2015.
85) Visit my friends in far places who have had kids I haven’t yet met.
86) Visit my cousin in London!
87) Go on a tropical beachy getaway.
88) Do a pop up shop with other designers.
89) Buy a white marble pastry slab.
90) Plan a picnic in the park.
91) Go to the Brimfield Antique Show.
92) Learn how to properly sharpen knives.
93) Go snowshoeing. (Done! 2/21/15. Brrrr, that was cold! Read about the adventure here.)
94) Spend a whole day at the movie theater.
95) Detox from sugar, alcohol and
caffeine for one month. (Caffeine detox January 2014. Went ok, but dang I was hungry all the time.)
96) Try outdoor climbing at the Gunks.
97) Do the Venice Home & Garden Tour.
98) Visit a rose farm.
99) Beat my fastest (high school) mile time of 7:20.
100) Rent a convertible. Forget renting. I bought one!! Check it out here.
101) Be a match-maker until two people I introduce get married.