Last month, I chopped my long locks. About 8″, gone in the matter of seconds. It was an incredible adrenaline rush! My hair was getting too long and styleless. I was pulling it back into a messy bun every day. I made an appointment with my friend Gwen, a stylist at Frederic Fekkai. It couldn’t have been easier, she handed me a glass of wine, we discussed the pros and cons, and then…we went for it. Choppy choppy. It felt GREAT. I’m all for making impulsive style decisions. I showed up at a dinner party that night feeling so brand spanking new.
I wanted to share some of my favorite shorter cuts, in case you are considering a chop, but experiencing that “how could I ever cut all this off?” feeling. A wise stylist once told me, “don’t panic, it’s only hair!” It will grow back. And chances are, you may experience a refreshing change.
1) Change is good!
2) My ends are really healthy now.
3) My hair detangles a lot faster out of the shower.
4) Because I went shorter, I boosted my blonde up a notch.
5) My hair has more volume and style now.
6) I can get a third day with dry shampoo with my shorter locks.
7) My hair dries faster and styling is a lot quicker.
1) Braids and updos are harder.
2) My old high bun/pony are no longer an option.
3) Will require more frequent trims.
4) If I want my long hair back, it will take several months.
Here are the products where to buy ambien sleeping pills & tools I’m loving to use with my new ‘do!
1) Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream: great for post shower, helps detangle and condition.
2) Klorane Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk (non-aerosol): My favorite dry shampoo on the planet. It’s alcohol free, in powder form. You just need to squeeze the base of the bottle a little for the powder to spray out onto your roots. Clears any oil and lasts forever.
3) Not Your Mother’s Girl Powder Volumizing Hair Powder: Love this stuff! It’s a magical powder that you tap onto your roots that adds volume, lift and texture. It never is stiff or sticky like some volumizing powders.
4) Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protection Creme: Protects hair from damage caused by using heated appliances. I always apply this on dry hair, before using curling iron. Bonus! Makes the hair shiny.
5) Moroccanoil® Treatment: I love slathering this all over my ends and leaving in overnight for a deep condition, helps make my blonde shinier.
6) Hot Tools Pink Titanium Salon Curling Iron, 1 Inch Barrel”: Love this iron, my waves last into day 2 with this tool. I always use with heat protection spray, see #4.