made these for a wine night my neighbor and I are having tomorrow. This might be the easiest sweet treat ever. It requires only 3 ingredients and takes about half an hour to put together. Each time I make them, people can’t believe how easy they are to make. I love putting them in the freezer before serving, but they are delicious at room temperature as well. Without further ado…I present, no bake cookies and cream truffles!
Ingredients: (makes about 12-16 truffles)
4 oz of cream cheese (half a package)
small box of Oreos (12 pack)
6-8 oz of white chocolate chips
(sprinkles or non pareils optional)
1) Put 4 oz of cream cheese at room temperature in a large bowl.
2) Place 12 Oreos in a ziplock bag, and smash them with a meat tenderizer or over the counter until they are crumbled.
3) Add the crumbled cookie mixture to the cream cheese bowl.
4) Mix with a fork until thoroughly mixed. You can leave some bigger pieces of the Oreos, but try to break up the largest chunks so it combines with the cream cheese.
5) Form 1″ balls by rolling in your hands, and place on a tray. Put the tray in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to let the balls buy viagra london harden.
6) Over a double broiler, melt the chocolate. Do this slowly, otherwise the chocolate will burn. Burnt chocolate will not melt, I’ve learned this the hard way!
7) Remove the balls from the freezer. One by one place into the melted white chocolate and roll around with a fork. Once the ball is completely covered with chocolate, scoop under it with the fork, and tap the bottom of the fork handle on the side of the double broiler to let excess chocolate drip off.
8) Still using the fork, place back on the tray. I then sprinkled rainbow non pareils on top before the chocolate hardened. You could also sprinkle with extra Oreo crumbles, sprinkles, drizzle with dark chocolate, or leave plain.
9) Let the chocolate cool and your truffle is ready to eat. I like to put back in the freezer because they taste SO GOOD frozen. You will be amazed at how decadent the cream cheese makes these truffles!
You can also make these with the full package of cream cheese (8 oz) and smash 24 Oreos, which makes closer to 24-30 balls. I don’t trust myself with that many cookies and cream truffles laying around!