I’m excited to share the secret ingredient I’ve been adding to my smoothies lately. BUT FIRST, let me share all its benefits because they are plenty:
- Provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer.
- Regulates immunity and fights inflammation.
- Decreases risk for heart disease and brain disorders.
- One serving provides 77% of your daily Vitamin C and 20% of daily vitamin K.
- High in protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
- High in fiber and water which improves digestion and lowers risk of colon cancer.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Promotes a healthy complexion and increased energy.
- Helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory.
For the source of these health benefits and more, click here.
Can you guess what the magic ingredient is?
Drum roll, please……
I love adding pre-riced frozen cauliflower to all my favorite smoothie recipes. It totally transforms every smoothie I make. It adds a lot of smoothness, creaminess, and thickness–it’s a great alternative to adding dairy. And it’s such a mild flavor it’s impossible to even taste. Not to mention all the benefits above.
Look for the frozen pre-riced cauliflower in your grocery store’s frozen section–usually near the peas. Or try adding it fresh!
Here’s a recipe to try with your soon to be new favorite secret ingredient!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/2 a cup of frozen cauliflower rice
1 tbsp of peanut butter
1/4 cup of frozen or fresh strawberries
A handful of ice
STEPS: Throw everything into your Vitamix (or preferred blender) and blend until smooth! Enjoy!
What are your favorite secret ingredients that add healthy twists to your smoothies?