I get asked a lot about the reasons to build a website on Showit. I’ve told so many people the reasons why, I’ve decided to write them in a blog post, in hopes that it’s reaching you (or someone out there!) early in your online business journey. I wish I had found Showit sooner! I would have saved myself so many website headaches. I would have been able to showcase more of my brand and creativity. And no doubt about it, I would have grown my business so much faster.
I’ve been building websites for the last 12+ years, and have used all the well-known web builders like WordPress and Squarespace. I’m officially never going back to those lonely (& lacking!) platforms. Check out my reasons you should build or redesign your site solely on Showit.
BUT FIRST, ABOUT SHOWIT:
• It is a website builder that also hosts your website (say goodby to BlueHost, GoDaddy or similar fees!).
• It’s a drag and drop software that allows you to design from scratch (like literally a blank canvas) or purchase a customizable template. I recommend Sisoo Sites, the strategic, designer templates I build for creative, personal, and service brands.
• Showit offers dedicated 1:1 support. If you ever need help with your Showit site, simply click the ‘?’ on the lower right corner inside the platform and talk to a helpful & super-smart human right away. They are quick to respond and have always helped find a solution to whatever challenge I throw at them.
• You can activate your subscription here, I recommend the $24/month plan that includes a blog, but you can go as low as $19/month. Once you have an account, you’re able to join the Showit user group on Facebook, which is a great way to connect with thousands of other Showit users, ask questions and learn more about the platform.
And now, the reasons to use glorious Showit:
1. Code-Free Templates that Don’t Look Like Templates
A Sisoo Sites template for Showit is simply a starting place for your website. There are no restrictions as to what you can customize, move around, resize, add or delete. You can change everything. Your site truly evolves away from the original template, and into more unique, custom site because of this freedom. When you work with website templates for other website builders, your customizations must always fit within the design of the template, which greatly limits what you can create.
You might be saying, ok there are no restrictions, but how the heck do I use all this new-found design freedom? Do I need to learn to code the templates? I’m glad you asked because it’s so easy, your grandmother or child could use it:
You drag it. And you drop it.
Don’t believe it’s that simple? Play around with Showit’s demo site, & you’ll quickly understand how easy (and fun) it is to customize your template. Unlike most drag and drop builders, you can drop anything anywhere on any page.
All of my clients have taken quickly to using Showit (read what they have to say) and I’m confident you will too!
2. So Many Styling Capabilities
Check out the list of some sweet capabilities that make Showit websites unique and engaging (and look like you spent a fortune on them!). If you want to understand more of what I mean with the below items, again, try the demo site!
• Pop up forms are simple to add with canvases that are set to “hidden to start” and sticky at the top.
• Canvases can easily go full width! But the entire site or page doesn’t have to, each canvas on each page can do its own thing.
• Choose different canvas types: normal, window height, or grow with content.
• Make a canvas a ‘site canvas’ when it appears globally throughout your site (so you can efficiently update it just once, instead of everywhere it lives).
• You can even add a complete canvas (or page) from another design in your Showit library!
FONTS & TEXT BOXES
• Quickly import your Google fonts or custom fonts into your media library and they will appear in your text properties font list.
• Set font types in your design settings, and add new text boxes by type: title, heading, subheading, or paragraph.
• Set empty text boxes as ‘enable input’ so users can enter text on your site and submit information to you.
• Set text properties from a pull-down menu. No code required!
• Resizing images is as easy as dragging it to the correct size.
• Go full width or edge lock an image anywhere on a page.
• Set opacity or overlays for unique effects.
• Layer/arrange images however you see fit. There are no restrictions on where images go on a Showit site!
• Create unique folders in your media library so you can keep your files organized.
• Option to set image background to ‘parallax’ that creates a unique visual experience upon scrolling.
• Galleries are probably one of Showit’s top capabilities (which is why so many photographers use Showit). They are beautiful and customizable. Choose between single, sliders, or tiled galleries. Make them any size and put them anywhere on your site.
• Add multiple images to a gallery in one fell swoop.
• Add spacing and design elements to each gallery.
• Add text or any other elements over or around galleries.
• Create beautiful full-width hero galleries.
• Set galleries on ‘hidden to start’ canvases to create more interaction.
• Create multiple canvas views for sliders or testimonials.
• Create multiple canvas views for interactive galleries, quizzes, etc.
• Create a scrolling featured post section with multiple canvas views.
• Create a drop-down menu with canvas views.
• Set canvas views to auto-advance, fade, slide, bounce, etc upon transition.
SHAPES & SHAPE EFFECTS
• Add ‘rectangle’ to be used as lines, borders, banners, headers, or many other design elements.
• Easily layer on top or below all other elements.
• Set effects like rounded corners on shape objects, or change opacity (also can be done with images or galleries).
ICONS & CUSTOM ICONS
• Choose from Showit’s vast list of icons, or import your own. Resize them and assign any color to them.
• Add a custom Pinterest icon on your blog post images.
• Add social sharing icons anywhere on your blog posts.
VIDEOS & GIFS
• Add video anywhere, even as a canvas background.
• Enjoy a backup image visitors will see in case video doesn’t load.
• Use GIFs anywhere on your site to create energetic animation.
• Email sign up forms can live anywhere. Just pop the code in from your email provider. Embed it with a photo or your chosen font–yes, an email sign up form can now look #onbrand!
• Add videos from Youtube or other sources by placing the code into the Showit embed forms. So easy!
• Embed widgets, like ‘SnapWidget’ for your Instagram feed.
• Quickly start selling a product anywhere on your site by embedding the Shopify buy button widget.
• Create target links to a page, canvas, URL, social, email, SMS, or phone.
• Make a pop up appear and close with a click action.
• Jump to the top of a page, or even create an action to link to a specific canvas on a different page.
• Add actions to show or close a canvas or gallery.
TRANSITION AND HOVER EFFECTS
• All objects and canvas views can transition into and out of your site in a variety of ways. Slide, fade, bounce, rotate, zoom, roll, and more.
• Specify the length of time the transition takes, any delays, and from what direction (if any) the transition should occur.
• Create a mouseover effect that lowers an image’s opacity to display a color or text overlay.
• Create hover effects over text links (rollover shows new color or bolder font).
Are you starting to understand what I mean about the creative freedom? I barely scratched the surface…these are just some of the style capabilities!
3. Keep the WordPress Power & Optimization
Welcome to the perfect union of Showit’s creative capabilities and WordPress’s awesome blogging power. Yes! You design your site with the Showit software, but it integrates with WordPress, where you’ll write your blog posts. A match made in internet heaven and the best of everything, in my opinion!
Showit allows you to design the front end (what you see) of your blog layout with zero code. Want a video in your blog’s sidebar? That’s easy! Just add it from your media library and resize it. Create a custom blog header and unique navigation, get creative with the layout of your posts, you can even create a unique page for each blog category! There are no longer limits to what you can do with your blog layout.
More good news: you’ll be able to use the top blogging SEO optimization plugin, Yoast, with your Showit site + blog. Yoast is a WordPress plugin that reviews each blog post you write and offers suggestions for SEO improvement. It is undoubtedly the most helpful SEO tool and is effective in boosting your Google rank.
Showit has your SEO fully covered between their simple SEO panel updates for each site page, as well as plugin capabilities for each blog post. Bring on the great Google ranking!
4. Side by Side Editor for Ultimate & Responsive Mobile Site
I used to cringe when I met someone new and they asked for my website.
If I had a nickel for every time my response to “What’s your website?” was “Check it on your desktop for the best experience!” I would have…a lot of nickels.
We are all on our phones more than ever, so it’s no surprise most website visitors (at least half!) will view your site from their phone. But no more need to cringe, because Showit solves for the endless weird things that happen to so many non-responsive, non-Showit mobile sites.
On Showit, you have side by side editors for both mobile and desktop sites. You customize each site separately. You can keep elements showing on both sites, or hide them on one. This especially comes in handy for mobile. Sometimes you need to change images shape, update text formats, or even rearrange entire layouts to look better on a phone.
With other website builders, it’s frustrating when you can only customize your desktop site, which leaves your mobile site looking neglected or confused. Alignment is off, padding is funky, images appear in weird places, forms don’t look like they should. There is no reason to tolerate these mobile issues any longer, as Showit remedies them. Your site will be fully responsive on all devices so that every visitor has the best experience.
This mobile site capability alone is enough reason to switch to Showit in my opinion!
5. Multiple Page Designs
Most templates have one standard page that applies across the entire site. Unless you know how to code, all your pages will look pretty much the same. Boring!
Chances are your online business has unique needs and doesn’t neatly fit into one simple standard template page. Chances are you need multiple page designs that help you share all sides of your story and promote all sides of your business.
With Showit’s creative freedom, every page can surprise and delight your visitors. You can use site (global) canvases to add common elements across all pages (like navigation, footer, etc), but the rest of the pages can benefit from original, stunning, and exciting layouts that boost your site overall.
6. Integrates with E-Commerce
Showit is not an e-commerce platform, but it easily integrates with selling widgets like Shopify Lite, SamCart, and others. So you are still able to benefit from all of the features I mentioned above while creating a unique online storefront that fully embodies your brand. It’s as easy as creating your product collection pages and single product pages (or purchasing my shop template add on from my site shop) and popping in a ‘buy button’ (see above #2’s ’embed code’ capability).
If you go with Shopify or Squarespace for your website, you’re missing out on being able to customize non-product pages that share more about your brand. And you’re missing out on the superpowers of a WordPress blog too (for marketing your products!). Plus all the other capabilities I listed above!
NEED MORE REASONS TO BUILD YOUR SITE ON SHOWIT?
It’s pretty easy to see why I want you to build your business’ website on Showit! It beats the of the other web-builders on every level…by a landslide.
• I continue to be blown away at Showit design capabilities.
• I continue to be amazed at their friendly and helpful technical support.
• I continue to absolutely love and feel so proud of the websites I create with Showit.
• I continue to be in awe of the results Showit sites deliver to both my clients and my own online business.
READY TO ROCK THE WEB?
Check out this page for more information about how my templates work with Showit, and let me know if you have any questions. I hope this post helps you understand the great reasons to build your website on Showit. Let’s build you a big, bold, beautiful online brand with a web builder that gives you freedom, power, and endless capabilities!
Ready to build your Showit site? Don’t forget to make a mood board before you start to help your best branding surface. Here’s how I make my mood boards.