The Finnish art of inner strength
Presenting the Sisoo Spirit printable: Get up dress up show up and never give up!
I often get asked what the word "sisoo" means, since I named my business this seemingly arbitrary word.
The word is a spin on the Finnish word "sisu" which my Finnish father incessantly celebrated (and still would be if he was here with us today).
Sisu is best described as the cultural spirit of the Finnish. It's their general mentality and way of life.
All the ways sisu can be described:
- doing the deed, even if (and especially if) you want to quit
- getting up in the face of adversity and not backing down
- knowing something is hard but doing it anyway
- doing something that is challenging, because you want to be challenged
- believing in yourself, even if the odds are against you
- rolling up your sleeves, getting to work and not complaining or making excuses
- embracing your highest power of will which allows you to achieve absolutely anything.
You also might enjoy Urban Dictionary's definition of sisu: "the Finnish principle of high power of will which should make you to achieve anything."
Sisu is the Finnish art of inner strength.
The Sisoo Spirit Printable
So, I designed this printable to help you remember your inner strength. Print it and hang it somewhere where it can be a daily visual reminder to help you dig deeper when your dream feels challenging. Let this print remind you of whatever you wish to achieve.
Enter your info below to get instant access to print all standard sizes of the Sisoo Spirit wall art printable. I hope it helps you tap into your sisu, or as my dad so often called it, "guts" or "intestinal fortitude!"
MORE POSTS YOU'LL LOVE
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a small commission if you purchase through my link. Please read full disclosure here.